Scan Host Device Requirements & Setup
Rapid7 Host Device Requirements:
- Host must be a Windows Server 2010 or higher 64bit OS
- Devices with older operating systems (Windows 2003, 2007, 2008) are no longer supported by Windows for security and maintenance support.
- Host must have at least 8GB of available memory
- Host must have .net 3.5 and Windows Desktop Experience features installed
(note* - Servers must be restarted after installing of these features to complete the installation. This often requires planning with the client for appropriate scheduling of reboot to not affect workflow)
- Host Device must have a minimum 2 GHz processor & 10 GB available disk space
- Host device must have 100/1000 Mbps Network interface or 802.11 wireless interface
- Firewall NAT policy needs to be placed to open port 40814 to IP address of the host targeted for the Aegify Scan agent install. Please whitelist the traffic from/to *.aegify.com and 22.214.171.124 so that the communication with Aegify cloud server is allowed. If the Windows firewall is enabled on host a rule to open 40814 is also necessary. If egress (outbound) filtering is present on the network the *.aegify.com and 126.96.36.199 should be whitelisted and port 40815 should be opened
Additional IPs to Whitelist:
- Endpoint solutions may need exceptions for Aegify Scan agent, installation and scanning. Each endpoint solution presents its own unique challenges. In some cases, it is necessary to temporarily replace the endpoint solution to a less scrutinizing solution to gain functionality.